Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter people

I woke up this morning remembering certain people I had forgotten about.  These were people who made a difficult situation a whole lot easier, just be being there.  They lightened the load.  They understood how tough this particular situation was.  These were people who let me keep Easter in my mind.  Really, I had forgotten about these particular people.  In their light, I even see a glow around the people who made things so difficult.  I am grateful for Easter people.

Certain people have come to mind
Since Jesus rose again.
Perhaps they are my Easter people.
They come
With their own background music,
Perhaps a signature song.
They come
With Easter background colors,
Slight wash of gold
Illuminated memories.
They even brighten
Their neighbor remembrances,
Not so bright
Not so illumined.
They cast light
On the Lenten people
The ones who weighed me down.
Even they are lightened
By the company
Of the Easter people,
The ones who come
With the their own background music
Easter egg colors
Shining
Since Jesus rose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment