Friday, April 27, 2012

Reality Therapy

Today I will attend a workshop on Reality Therapy for Addicts.  It reminds me of the group meeting at the halfway house when one member said he was feeling existent.  Another member laughed and mentioned the acronym S.O.B.E.R. (Son Of a B****, Everything*s Real).  Yep.  Reality therapy.  Probably helpful for all of us.

Today*s topic :
Reality Therapy.
I have no idea what it involves,
But reality seems
Like a good idea
Most of the time.
When my ears were being cleaned out
Yesterday,
Hydrogen peroxide masked
Any sound from the outside,
Bubbled and spit,
Champagne popped in my ears.
Today*s topic
Is Reality Therapy
For addicts.
My ears are clean,
Ready for reality.
I will see
How it applies
To therapy with the addict.
I*m sure somehow
It will be helpful
To me.

No comments:

Post a Comment