Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some evidence is anchored there

My training tells me to use the best evidence-based practices.  Of course the way we gather evidence varies. I sat with other substance-abuse counselors yesterday.  The session was on reality therapy.  I remembered how I feel more real in the presence of fellow addictions folk, perhaps because I am more real with them.  Probably evidence varies.  Sitting in the mis-matched chairs in the treatment center there is concrete evidence we are all human and everything is not perfect.  No one pretends it is different.

All the research presented
Is from years ago.
She is quick to point out
Some research has been done
On this,
Some evidence gathered
Years ago now.
People will choose to do
What they want to do.
Find out what floats
Their boat.
Call it
Their Quality World.
Seek out the positive thoughts
Like sails
On the horizon.
Anchor them in the harbor
Of the ocean
Of their Quality World.
As an afterthought,
A piece of flotsam, perhaps,
Remember to take your time
Slow down
Breathe in
Breathe out.
Remember your office
Offers
Safe harbor.
Some evidence
Is anchored there.

No comments:

Post a Comment