Friday, April 20, 2012

Senior discounts

Today involves meeting with my supervisor so I can get the required number of supervisory hours toward the final license for counseling.  Today also involves the adventure of Senior Gold Checking, and finding out exactly what it means to obtain those free checks which have to be printed specially (we think) on newsprint, or perhaps toilet paper, and begged for on one knee, only in person, at the bank.

Today the adventure involves
Cashing in on
The promised free checks.
We are in the early stages
Of senior discounts.
Of course it requires my presence
At the bank.
The bankers are busy.
They are not available
By phone.
I am thankful today
I am mobile
I can see
I can hear
I can drive.
My brain today
Is even
Somewhat supple
For the conversation around
The promised free checks.
We are only in the early stages
Of promised senior discounts.
We have not yet begun
To prove to waitresses
We are eligible
For the senior breakfast:
An egg,
Half a piece of whole wheat toast,
A tiny glass of orange juice.
We are in the early stages
Of promised senior discounts.
We have only
Just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment