Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bank encounter

It*s been a long time since I did something like this.  Still, I met a lovely gentle man and we exchanged phone numbers.  This is the right and good thing when one backs into someone else, even if there is little damage.  On the way out of the lot, a younger man in a convertible called out to me that I was lucky I did not back into him.  Indeed I was.  Yes, indeed I was.

I met a lovely gentle man today.
Age 92.
I backed into his car
At the bank.
We exchanged names and numbers.
He told me his car
Had many dings and dents,
One more did not matter.
When he wakes up in the morning
He smiles at himself and says
Ah another morning.
This
He says
This is just a car.
This
Is just a car.
Both our cars bear the marks
Of the collision.
I see his face
When I close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment