Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Book

What makes us read a book we have meant to read for years?  I guess things line up the way they*re meant to.  I am curled up in my blue chair, having just read and been blown away by the introduction.  I*m almost afraid to read the book.

A book I have meant to read
For years now,
Launched into position
Yesterday,
A special tenth anniversary edition.
Things line up
As they are meant to.
I was never a
Close your eyes,
Open the Bible, and find
What God says
To You
Person.
Perhaps I was afraid
Of the begats,
Maybe obtuse bits,
Or even
Jesus wept.
But yesterday that book
Appeared.
It was not the Bible.
It has been on the shelf
For years.
Words written in the introduction
Over six years ago
Are for me to read
To mark
To learn
To inwardly digest.
They are words
To claim.
I swear
It leapt off the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment