Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Halfway

It is a blessing to have an office halfway under and halfway above the ground.   Best of both worlds, as well as a connection with both.  On a hot day like this one, it is a particular blessing.  I can sit here and give particular thanks for earth and sun and sky, and still know I know only a small piece of why this is a blessing.

Here in the office
I am halfway above ground.
The window lets in light
From the sun and sky,
Here in the office
I am halfway below ground.
On a day such as this
Hot and bright as anything,
I can almost dig my toes
In the earth,
Feel the cool,
It rises out of the dirt.
Here in the office
I am connected to both,
Here there seems reason
For both.
Here in the office I know
Reason
is only
The small of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment