Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tut tut

I grew up with Winnie the Pooh, long before the Walt Disney version.  Pooh was pen and ink, with a gravelly voice; Piglet pen and ink as well, his voice high and squeaky.  My mother had a different voice for each one, though I remember she did not do Tigger the way I thought Tigger should be done.  Still, on a day such as this one, I hear echoes of the Hundred Aker Wood: : Tut tut, it looks like rain.  I do not remember who said it: Pooh or Eeyore or Rabbit, perhaps Piglet.   I do hope the rain comes

Tut tut. it looks like rain.
Words from Winnie (the Pooh)
Offer the promise
Of more moisture
For this thirsty land.
Gray clouds,
Occasional water drips
On the windshield,
Green crabgrass
Through last year*s mulch,
The air itself
Feels wetter than yesterday.
It looks and feels
Like rain,
Possible rain.
Tut tut, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment