Monday, July 2, 2012

Preparation

In the aftermath of yesterday*s storms, the day felt edited to me.  Knowing I would be on foot, I packed everything I could possibly need, and then...  barely needed anything.  It was as if extraneous things had been cleared away, and there were huge swathes of blue sky opened up.  I even had the gift of a ride home from a new supervisor who lives six blocks away.

I packed everything
I could possibly need and barely
Needed anything.
Without the car I was free even
To consider errands to Menards.
The clients were each
Fifteen minutes late.
There was time to finish the Sudoku
In between.
I packed everything
I might need.
I barely needed anything.
In between
It seemed
There were huge swathes of blue sky.
In the end
I got rode home with someone who lived
Six blocks away.
In the end there was time
For a nap.
I packed everything.
I barely needed anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment