Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When the world shrinks

I am continually surprised at who is paying attention to my life, and how.  People enter from unlikely places, say unlikely things.  Heck... sometimes they are unlikely people.  Really unlikely people.  Why should I be surprised?  I got a book recommendation from a woman writing a biography of my great grandfather, a very apt book recommendation.  I have met her once.  I thought of you she said.  It seemed appropriate.  It is  appropriate.  Stage left, stage right... sometimes someone pops up out of the audience, and you were not aware they were attending the play.

Sometimes when the world shrinks,
It expands beyond belief.
In the space left behind
Other possibilities emerge:
Slide in
From stage left;
Skip  in
From stage right.
They even pop up from part of the audience
You didn*t know
Was in attendance.
Fan mail from some flounder?
Even as my vision comes and goes
Even as I make jokes
About seizures
Every nine months
When the state thinks six months
Is a guarantee;
Even as the world shrinks,
It expands beyond belief.
In the space left in front,
Possibilities emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment