Sunday, January 27, 2013

All are safely gathered in

Now it comes:  the ice storm.   One hundred percent here, though I suspect it will not play out the catastrophic proportions in the forecast.  The family has returned home, earlier than I expected.  It seems a sleepover is planned.  Surprise: no school tomorrow.  A teacher institute day.  Nothing to do with the weather.


All are safely gathered in:
My loved ones.
It seems we will now be hosting
A sleepover
In the midst of ice.
I listen to the rain
Upstairs
Against the windows.
Now I wait for a phone call.
It may come
Or not.
I suspect the crisis
Of yesterday morning
May have subsided
By now.
Still I wait.
I listen to the rain.
I practice calm
With the cat,
My loved ones safely
Gathered in,
Honey vanilla chamomile tea
In hand,
Rain on the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment