Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weather signs

My tendency is always to push through things.  This is not necessarily bad, except perhaps when the outcome may be a seizure.  Yesterday the sun seemed incredibly bright, even with my sunglasses.  When I got out of the meeting, the sky was completely gray.  Of course, in retrospect, this means a weather front came through, which also means a change in barometric pressure.  Today it is sunny again.  Today there is more to pay attention to, even if I don*t want to do so.  Today I took the morning off.  The afternoon brings two new clients to meet.  


The sun was so bright
Yesterday,
I squinted as I drove
All the way to Geneva;
Gave thanks for sunglasses,
Offered up a small blessing
For a shorter drive
Than it might have been.
When the meeting was over
I found the sky
bianketed
In gray.
I gave thanks for
What would be
A paler drive,
No need to squint.
On the way home
I realized
Again
The internal signals
Matter at least as much
As the external.                          
It seems I still need to learn
To balance attention
Inward
With attention outward.
Halfway home
I bought a bowl of baked potato soup,
Ate it slowly
Until the internal weather cleared.

No comments:

Post a Comment