Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I met people all day in different spaces

Usually I write in the morning, but this morning I barely made it out of bed in time for morning ablutions, breakfast, and making it to my 10:00 AM appointment.  Now it is cold and snowy.   This is one of those significant days, where everything was planned, at least time-wise, yet unrehearsed.  I am now home for the unplanned part of the day.  Soup for dinner sounds like a good idea.


I met people all day
In different spaces.
Here it is 4:44 in the afternoon.
I consider writing the day.
It passed
Before I knew it.
There is more yet to come.
I met people all day
In different spaces.
I will have to figure out
Where to sit in my consultant*s
New office:
I went with the sofa,
But the sofa is now
In a different place.
Maybe next time
A chair
Perhaps the floor.
At noon I lost track of my lunch partner.
We waited for the other
In a different part of the restaurant
For twenty-five minutes.
Both of us
Had full view of the only door
Into the place.
The funeral brought me
To new places yet,
Despite the familiarity of the space,
The liturgy
The people.
Now I know there is a place
For
I Want to Walk as Child of the Light
In the service
When I die.
I imagine when I die
I will meet new and old people
In different spaces,
In unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment