Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Holding counsel

I am grateful for morning time to write and consider things and pray, watch the plumb bob swing until it lines up straight.  I am grateful for this time to watch yesterday, consider what may be on the docket for today; time to let my vision clear so I can see straight again, so I can see at least in part what lines up plumb with Jesus.  I know it is a dim mirror.  I wait for the time I will see more clearly, and do the best with what I have been given today.

Today I will hold my counsel.
I will speak the parts that line up
Plumb
With Jesus.

Today I will lend out the parts that measure the horizontal
Exactly perpendicular
To the line which hangs straight
To the center of everything,
Offer the parts that line up
With God.

Today I will watch the bob swing
On the plumb line.
It will be meet and right to speak
When it stops moving.
I will keep my counsel
Until it hangs
Straight
And
Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment