Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rainbows

I am excited for my new window.  Now that it has physically arrived and is leaning against the wall in the Rainbow Room, I am even more excited.  It feels more real, somehow.  And somehow the fact that it waits in the Rainbow Room, even though the rainbow part of the room has been painted over, makes it even better.  The office has been a work in progress since last November.  In this small space I have learned again to take things one small piece at time, wait for the breezes to blow, wait for hints of rainbows.

The outside entrance for my office
Is the former Rainbow Room.
There used to be a rainbow
Painted on the wall.
Now there is no hint of a rainbow
Except the name on the door.
It was painted over.
I imagine it is still there
Under the newer coat of paint.
This week my new office window
Will be installed.
It waits in the Rainbow Room
Boxed and ready.
It will open and shut.
My new curtain will blow
In the breeze.
Perhaps there will be a hint
Of rainbows.
I hope for a hint of rainbows
Blown on the breeze
Through the window that opens and shuts
At whim
And will.

No comments:

Post a Comment