Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Love comes in different shapes and forms

I have a new office window.  It opens and shuts and has a screen!  I know there were people on Sunday who were a mite confused by my enthusiasm and offer of window tours.  Sometimes the oddest things contain the aura of love.  Love comes in different shapes and forms.


I now have an office window
That opens and shuts.
It will let the breeze blow through
When things cool off a bit.
There is even a screen.
The privacy curtain
Is in process.
It surprises me how such a simple thing
Can bring such joy.

One Sunday years ago I preached using
A stuffed anteater.
 I pulled it from a paper grocery sack
At exactly the right moment.
It was an illustration of love
Coming in different shapes and forms.
The anteater was a spontaneous gift
From my family.
They know how much (perhaps inexplicably)
I love anteaters.
I think I explained it well enough
In the sermon,
But I am sure there are people
Still confused.
Jesus, after all, never talked about anteaters.

I feel that same way about my new window.
It opens and shuts and has a screen.
When it is cool enough
I will let the breeze blow through.
Love comes in different shapes and forms.
On Sunday Laurie gave me a framed anteater print
For my office.
I don*t know whether anteaters
Are a private thing
She said
But it seemed right for your office.
The print now stands on an office shelf.
I can see it when I turn my desk chair.
I have a window that opens and shuts.
It even has a screen.
And
I even have an anteater
On the shelf.
Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment