Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pony

The new medication was making me dizzy.  Finally I stopped taking it.  Halfway through I realized the dizziness was only part of it.  Blurred vision was another piece.  Then I realized the pony had been missing
for weeks.  I didn*t even see the pile, or that digging was a possibility.  I forgot I could look for the pony.  Or that I am a pony person.  Now I hear him again.  And I remember that I forgot.

I am a pony person.
There is always a pony buried
In whatever pile I find.
I only have to dig deep enough
To find the pony
Everywhere.
I keep digging
Until I find him.
He is always there.
When he disappeared,
I did not notice
He had gone missing.
Now I hear the soft nicker
When everything is quiet.
I did not notice
He had gone missing.
Now I hear him.

No comments:

Post a Comment