Monday, November 28, 2011

Side effect

There is a lot of money spent developing medications for all that ails us.  A lot of the research does not pan out (we don*t hear about it), but some of the meds end up being marketed for other things (hair growth comes to mind).  The side effect becomes the wanted outcome. Of course who decides wanted outcome?  My invisibility dream was actually quite pleasant.  I can also imagine how it could have been an absolute nightmare.

I dreamed I was invisible.
It was a side effect of a medication
I take.
The prescription bottle did not list invisibility
As a danger.
I knew it was a side effect
Anyway.
Every day we find medicine
That does not work
For the researched condition.
Instead there is potency found
For an entirely different part
Of the body.
Why not invisibility?
A rather pleasant side effect
All told,
Except perhaps when one would like
To be the life of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment