Sunday, November 20, 2011

I forgot I had wings

Getting my system cleared of the mood-altering medication has made an amazing difference.  I tried to give it back to the doctor... it does not come cheap... but found it cannot be returned like bad canned goods.  There is no recycling program for such medications.   

Anyway, I*m glad I was off the medication in time for Convention.  I was able to witness the Spirit blowing there.  Though the exercise on Friday was to spread out our arms to be open to embrace another, I saw a roomful of people lifted into possible flight, with feathers and hollow bones, and all.  I had forgotten I had wings.

Again
The Holy Spirit blows through.
It provides the lift
Under my wings.
I forgot I had wings.
We all
Have wings
When we spread our arms.

One week out it seems the drug
Is out of my system.
There are more connections,
More possibilities.

But It is so much more than this.
The Spirit provides the lift
Under the wings
I had forgotten about,
Forgotten until I spread out my arms,
Noticed I was held up,
Lighter
Than air.
Only then I felt the feathers,
The hollow bones,
The Spirit that holds me up,
The Spirit
That lifts me up.
No heaviness here.
Only feathers and hollow bones.
I am lifted up.
The Spirit catches the air
Under my wings.
I learn again what it is
To fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment