Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Filled with people


I am an introvert.  This will come as no surprise to those who know me.  This week is filled with new people.    We host a French exchange student this week and next.  I have four new clients this week, and a new support group to lead.  It is Wednesday morning with nothing scheduled.  The French student is in Springfield with the group.  My daughter returns home at noon.  I hear the birds outside.  I do not have to do anything with the birds except listen to them.  Just listen.

This week is completely filled
With new people.
French people.
American people.
Some are even written down  
On my calendar
For appointments.
All week
New people.
A potluck with exchange students,
Exchange families.
A high school reception
For National Honor Society,
Everyone takes numerous pictures.
We forgot to bring a camera.
We did find our wedding pictures
When we cleaned the room
For the exchange student.
The house holds extra people
When I return home.
I have the blank space,
The blessedly blank space,
Of a nothing-scheduled
Wednesday morning
Before I meet with two new clients
This afternoon.
I hear the birds outside.
I hear the birds
Outside.
I am inside,
In blessedly blank space.
For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment