Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wearing of the green


Green seems appropriate for the season of spring.  The church wears white or gold for Easter (white even before Memorial Day!).  Actually I favor something leaning toward teal.  Today begins a three day DUI training.  Yes, more training.  I will attend in green.  It is spring, I tell you, spring. Stuck inside a hotel, we will need all the reminders we can get.

I had another church dream
Many nights ago.
I was dressed for the church parade.
Everyone else was in red and white
And gold.
I had unearthed a green stole.
I know
Green is not the color
Yet.
Yet green
Was all I could find.
I had no part in the play
Except walking in
Walking out
And it seems
Wearing green.
Today I wear four permutations
Of green.
No stole.
No church.
Today I have no part in the play
Except to listen
Take notes
Wear green.

No comments:

Post a Comment