Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Open doors and windows

Almost three weeks since a wonderful job interview but no news.  So I called to find out.  I had pretty much figured the answer was no.  My interviewer answered the phone... herself.  Even though HR was supposed to contact me... they didn*t.  This is not a new experience.  I could have let the door stay closed.  I have done that before.   I counseled a client this week to open the door of the literal room he needs to paint, so he could see it when he passes by, and not pretend it wasn*t there.  
We all have such closed doors.  Sometimes we have closed windows. 


Never know what you*ll see
When you open those doors
Or windows:
Literal doors and windows
Or even
The figurative ones.
Never know what will
Blow through:
Soft spring breezes
Gale force winds.
It is much neater
To keep them closed.
The furniture stays upright.
Rain doesn*t blow in.
Things stay dry.
It is so much neater
To keep the doors and windows closed.
Never know what you*ll see
With open windows,
Open doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment