Friday, April 26, 2013

Bongo Board


There is so much to learn from everyone I encounter.  It*s all dialogue.  Yesterday I remembered the Bongo Board we stored in the closet off the living room when I was growing up. I remembered I was good at balancing on it.   The board lived in that living room closet.  The closet also stored the dress-up clothes.  One memory unpacks another.  I remember new things I*ve forgotten.

God sends me people.
They struggle with things,
They dance with things,
I need to weave
Into my life.
When they leave I think
Oh that*s why you came.
When they leave
I think
Until I remembered to say
That one thing
Out loud,
Until you named
That one difficulty,
Until you told me
About that particular
Dance partner,
I forgot.
Yesterday was about balance,
Bongo boards,
And God inhabiting
Everything.
God sends me people.
They help me remember
New things
I*ve forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment