Thursday, May 26, 2011

MRI

It is an odd thing, taking steps, then waiting... what seems like waiting forever even though the waiting will be done in two weeks, or only maybe done.  For almost sure I will be able to drive, no matter what the MRI shows.  There is always the question, though, of what has changed since last time.  When I think of it, we always get that question, just sometimes it feels more life and death than others.  And with many more things than repeat MRIs.  I watch the weather change, and wait for the hummingbird to reappear.  They say it*s going to be 90 on Monday.  What*s the song?  Waiting on the world to change?

I understand the pounding is quieter
These days.
When I said I was almost done
With a round of antibiotics
For a sinus infection,
She said she could tell my left sinus
Was thicker,
A rather expensive way to have my sinuses
Diagnosed.
Of course I wonder what else
She saw and couldn*t say.
I came home with the envelope
Of pictures
To be compared
With the other pictures.
She asked about weekend plans.
Smiled.
I wonder if she talks with knee pictures
Elbow pictures
Breast scans
The same way.
Probably.

I understand the pounding is quieter
These days.
I am home with my pictures,
Wait for warmer weather
And the hummingbird
To return.

No comments:

Post a Comment