Thursday, May 26, 2011

Warmth

OK it*s green.  But so cold?  At this time of year?  Today is the day I get more pictures taken of my brain.  I was so sure the appointment was for 1:30... they called at 10 and asked where I was.  Oy.  I blame it on the cold.  Or the warm bed.  Or the cat.  Or the birds complaining outside.  Appointment now at 1:00.

What do the flowers think?
Does it feel like spring
As usual?
Is it hurry up and bloom before the next
Cold dip
Barely above freezing?
Are the birds sorry they returned so soon,
Hunched fluffed out like bumblebees
Will they need to lay new eggs
Keep the laid ones warm?
Or forego it
This year?
How do they decide?
Is it on nature automatic?

I am glad for the warm house
The bed that encouraged me to stay
The coffee cup warm and solid in my hands
The husband and cat still sleeping
Under the covers
At 10 in the morning,
Warm and solid 
Under the covers.
Inside I am grateful for warmth.
I listen to the birds
Complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment