Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Different details

I remembered my Boston experience this last weekend.  So I figured I*d feel out what I needed to do, what I needed to say as I went along.  


Truth be told, this is something that does not come as naturally as I would like.  A new group, a new experience, in a new place.  We face these all the time.  Other than road directions on how to get there (and we found ourselves lost even with those), everyone gets there and remembers different details.  When I remember, there is delight in different details.   Then I can experience the thing that truly matters:  All of us here together.

I remember when I began
In Boston.
Soon there was no script.
When I inquired about the Easter Vigil
They said
We sing Everything.
I was delighted,
Stood before them
Arms outstretched
Sang out
Alleluia, Christ is Risen.
Silence answered.

When I asked later
I was told
We don*t sing THAT!
I don*t usually ask anymore.
I figure it out
By feel.
I no longer expect that people can explain
The details I would like to know.
Now I know
Everyone remembers
Different details.
There is delight
In different details.
Soon enough the script that matters
Is all of us here together.
We sing
We dance
We stand still
Sit in silence.
The script that matters
Is all of us here together.
Different details.
There is delight to be found
In different details.

No comments:

Post a Comment