Monday, June 20, 2011

Spider

I think some days are sit and watch days.  Rain helps.  It is interesting to me that on sit and watch days, I still think that productivity is called for.  As I was writing about the spider, I thought: but where will this end up, and what does it mean?  It seems the spider is having a sit and watch day too.  He (she) looked pretty healthy when I saw him yesterday.  I assume he is today as well.

There is a spider
Healthy, but really
Not large by spider standards.
He or she lives between the window
And screen.
The window
Is next to the chair I write in.
This spring it proved itself
The hummingbird chair.
Now it is the spider chair.
We have meant to get the screens fixed
For three years now.
There are holes
They allow spiders.
This one even appears
Sometimes
On the inside window.
I have a rescue cup
On the window sill but really
I have come to believe
He or she is not in need
Of rescue.

Last night it rained.
I see the water droplets caught
In the screen
The street looks like a green-washed watercolor.
The spider
Is nowhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment