Wednesday, September 28, 2011

God brings the whole world to my door

I am in the rule-out phase of things with the doctors.  While I wait for things to be ruled out, it seems God has decided to bring the whole world to my door,  My sister arrives Sunday to visit for a couple days.  Friends and acquaintances and people from my past show up on my doorstep, literally and not so literally.  I am learning to welcome them, make a pot of coffee, a cup of tea, I realize that there is more to come, and having company is a good thing.

God brings the whole world
To my door:
The front sidewalk swept by the wind,
The weeds cleared by the lawn people,
The purple clematis
In its last bloom
Of the blooming season.
I see them all through eyes
That limp along in a blur,
Create new things,
New perspectives,
New possibilities.

The whole world comes
To my door.
God brings the people
For coffee or tea.
I see them through the blur,
We put our feet up
Converse about the weather,
The seasons changing,
As they always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment