Friday, September 16, 2011

More interesting answers

Altered states.  Let this be a lesson.  When people start asking questions with obvious answers... perhaps there*s a reason they*re asking.  I think of all the bio-psycho-social forms I*ve filled out which show a person oriented to time/date/place.  Seizure aside, a knock on the head can cause one to think someone else has forgotten who the President is...

My supervisor looks at me and asks
How are you?
How odd, I think.
 I*m fine
I say
Just before I lose all awareness,
Wake up on a gurney
in the Emergency Room,
With a doctor who asks
Who is the President of the United States?
I think he doesn*t know,
So I inform him.
Poor man also doesn*t know
The day of the week.
It takes me two days to figure
I got a concussion
Along with the seizure.
He was checking to see
If I was fully oriented.
I think I fooled him.
I*m not sure I have ever been
Fully oriented.
The President
The hospital
The day of the week
They are just
The tip of the iceberg.
Today I have
More interesting answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment