Thursday, September 15, 2011

Second time around

Seizure #2 yesterday, at internship.  It*s been nine months since #1.  I thank God for the last nine months (and before).  I thank God for my being able to learn from such things.  Still, some learnings I could do without. This doesn*t seem to be my choice.  Rarely does such learning come with choice.  I knew this.  Now I know it again.

The second time around on anything,
It*s amazing what we learned the first time.
Sometimes it*s not until the second time
That we see
The sun still shines
The birds still sing
Even the fall light shows things
Fuller.
The second time we wake up
Our friends and family
Are newly awake as well.
Here we all are
Standing
Leaning
 in one place.
We pick up again.
We know this has happened
Before.

No comments:

Post a Comment