Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Possibility of God

Ah the next round of doctor visits.  Today a colleague says he thinks it is always a good idea to have someone with you when you see the doctor.  I go back and forth.  I want to be seen as fully effective in myself.  But really it*s amazing what another set of caring eyes and ears can do.  I take a lot of back and forthing before I realize this thing I need to re-learn again and again.

I bring my husband with me
To the doctor.
I go back and forth,
Back and forth,
Is this is a good idea?
Will I be seen as someone
Who needs help?
Someone
Who asks for help?
Will I be known as someone
Who gracefully invites company
Into the doctor*s office
To ask bold questions,
Perhaps to hold the answers
up to the light,
See through them
To the possibility of God
On the other side.

I bring him with me
I ask for help
Fitfully, gracefully,
I invite his company into the doctor*s office
Together we look through the answers
Together
We look
For the possibility
Of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment