Sunday, September 4, 2011

He shows up all the time

All the time, Jesus is there.

“For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”
                                                                                                             -Matthew 18:20
Jesus promised to be with us when we gather
By twos or threes,
Even many many more.
When there are a lot of us
It seems we lose track of Him
In the crowd.
Heck
Sometimes the intimacy
Of two or three
Causes me to forget.
Surely He can*t be here.
It*s only you and me
After all.
Jesus
Is not into the onlys.
He shows up
All the time.

A few years ago I dreamed
He showed up in my group therapy,
Walked in,
Sat down
Unwrapped a tuna fish sandwich
Apologized that He hadn*t had time
For lunch.
He ate fish for the disciples
After the Resurrection
To show he was still alive.
Fish seems to be
A theme.

I try to remember
To set out an extra chair
For Jesus
Wherever I am.
At the very least
It is a good reminder
That Jesus is there.
He promised.
Jesus always keeps his promises.
He shows up
All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment