Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today is for breathing

As I sit in the blue chair, the cat sprawled in the sun, I send Jeff off to Building and Grounds (he is now the grease trap expert), and both children text me simultaneously: one to check a train schedule for a friend (I assume), and the other to report three more job interviews with benefits.  I cheerlead from the blue chair and drink more coffee.  Oh yes, and breathe.  Mustn*t forget to breathe.

Today is for more breathing.
I sit in the blue chair,
Respond in text to my children:
Consult train schedules,
Advise jobs with benefits.

I sit in the blue chair
Breathe and text,
Watch the cat sleep in the sun,
Drink coffee and thank God
It is not mine to consider
The proper replacement
For the church grease trap
At the Saturday morning meeting
Of the Building and Grounds Committee.

It*s me and cat in the sun.
Today is for breathing in and out.
Today is to consider
More coffee and a shower.
Today is for today,
To breathe,
To thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment