Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The light


Another in the Iona series.  My accessible room provides a view of the back yard.  Companions note that I could go out in back and turn the upside down kitchen chair right side up (at least).  It seems right to leave it as it is.  The light above my bed provides just the right amount of illumination for writing as the outside light grows dim.  Just the right amount of light.

The light is perfect
To write in bed.
I cannot view the sea
From my window.
Instead I see the workers* quarters,
Construction material,
An upside down kitchen chair
In the yard,
Crags in the distance.
Occasionally a dog
Wanders through.
The light above my bed
Is bright enough
But not too bright.
It provides a Goldilocks effect
In my accessible room.

No comments:

Post a Comment