Thursday, July 25, 2013

M.A.S.H.

I grew up watching M.A.S.H.  I wish I remembered who told me I reminded him (I think it was him) of Father Mulcahy.  I think of all those exercises which ask participants to name their hero or heroine.  I have never been good at those exercises.  Likewise I can never figure out what animal I am like.  But somehow that one compliment resonates with me.  Even though I cannot remember who said it.

Years ago I was told
By someone,
I no longer remember who;
Years ago I was told
By someone
Whose opinion
I must have held in high esteem;
I was told
I reminded him
Of Father Mulcahy
From M.A.S.H.
I think this was the best compliment
I have ever received
Bar none.
Years ago someone,
I wish I remember who,
Someone told me
He saw me
Whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment