Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday in Holy Week

 I can*t believe there was snow this morning.  Hmmm.  Fitting somehow at the beginning of Holy Week.  I recall my daughter saying, during Holy Week a few years ago, how when she grew up she would live in a place where there is no deceptive weather.  It was Holy Week then and it had snowed, much like today.  Stay here, I said, and watch it melt.  Today I say the same thing to my tiny clematis vine, four inches with three buds.  Hold on, hold on, hold on.

The robins listen for worms
In the snow,
White wet cold covers the green 
Muffles the worms
Underground.
The robins* cold feet listen.
The snow was supposed to melt
Immediately
No
It infringes on the barely budded clematis
New life:
Hang on hang on hang on
The snow will melt
Sure to melt
Hang on hang on
I*ve covered your roots
Hang on
Life is sure
Life is simply sure
to come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment