Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Way Open

The internship which I have struggled and strained and spent so much energy on... will happen... when it should.  It will even be at the place I knew was a fit from the beginning.  I liked them, they liked me.  The program was wonderful and solid and will give me the experience I need.  But the timing wasn*t right... simply wasn*t right.  I tried to finagle it.  No.  I am Very Good at Making Things Work.  Still no.  It seems this fall is Right.  Really?  Really?   Yes.  I*m glad I was not Sarah waiting for that baby, Abraham waiting for the promised succession of heirs.  Really?  Really?  Yes.

After what seems an eternity
Everything settles into place.
The original discernment last September
Was for September coming:
Not January,
Not June,
No amount of wrangling, interviewing,
Emailing, fingerprinting,
Made it different.
February found me in the new office
Listening through the door
to small children sing
The wheels on the bus go round and round.
It seems
I will have the summer to garden
The summer to drive
The summer to breathe.
Probably there are summer plans
I know nothing about.
There is a dandelion in my window well
The first of the dandelion season.
The Quakers say Way Open
The path when things fall
Together,
Doors open easily.
The wheels on the bus go round and round.
The quality of mercy is not strained,
Not Strained.
It falls gently
Like spring rains which bring forth
Sunny bright yellow dandelions.
Way Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment