Sunday, December 9, 2012

Advent Two

There is an advantage to years and years of Advent worship.  Even when I am recovering from a cold at home, on a Sunday, awake in a house in the midst of renovation, I can imagine two candles lit on the Advent wreath and the church year moving along exactly as it should.  I understand the second candle on the Advent wreath signifies hope.  I hope be present in church on Advent 3.


Everyone is in church
Right now
Or maybe
Just arrived home.
I have been home
All morning.
I remember Second Advent sermons.
I imagine two candles
Lit.
This year is Advent purple
Not blue.
I see it
In my mind*s eye.
I know the Sunday schedule.
I can picture the children
Winding up
To Christmas,
Their parents trying desperately
To hold them in place.
It rarely works.
This is Advent Two.
I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment