Sunday, December 30, 2012

Weighing in/weighing out

The conversation in the other room moved into mental illness and ECT.  I thought I might have something to offer the conversation, so I joined them.  It was clear I did not.  I am grateful for the opportunity to weigh in and to weigh out.  By George, I think I*ve got it.  After how many years?  I think I*ve got it.  Not bad for over twenty years.  Slow study here.


In my corner of the world
I hear people express their opinions
On mental illness.
I wander in
To see whether my thoughts
Might be considered.
When I determine
I would do better
Otherwise,
I return to my corner
Give thanks
For the opportunity
To weigh in,
To weigh out.
I listen to the underlayment of care
In the conversation.
Soon I will join them
To eat spaghetti
For dinner.
Tonight
As I retire for bed
I will look for the moon
Waxing gibbous.

No comments:

Post a Comment