Friday, August 10, 2012

In-between places

It is difficult to figure out where I fit, exactly.  Often I think the answer is no place, or no such place exists yet.  I find myself slicing off pieces to make the picture more viewable, somehow.  I understand this is not the right thing for me to do, or really, for anyone to do.  Really I*d like to offer the whole rainbow of who I am and what I have to offer in a language understandable to those who need to hear it.  I wonder what such a brochure would look like (and if it needs to be digital :-) )

I am not a fan
Of this in-between place:
The somehow-not -there -yet,
This place
Where I have gained
So much more experience than many.
I still try to give people I meet
Snapshots
For their particular
Photo album,
When photo albums don*t even exist
Anymore.
It*s all digital
After all.
It*s digital and
These pictures could never tell
Even the partial story,
Much less
Complete the picture.
It is a sliver of a slice
Of rainbow
Taken out of context.

Today I do not cheer
At this somehow-out-of-context-picture.
Today the picture contains something,
It looks like autumn light.
Today is marked
As in-between
Not-there-yet
The birds are massing early
It is only August
The light is autumn.
The birds know something
I have yet
To discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment