Monday, August 13, 2012

No meteors

One of the gifts which comes with the seizures is an awareness of when the barometer is shifting.  Another is that my vision blurs when I am stressed.  I have a client diagnosed with conversion disorder.  I have to wonder, if we all paid attention to what our bodies are saying, whether we could all be diagnosed with some version of conversion disorder.  I believe God has some interesting ways of speaking to us, of helping us pay attention. 

The weather did not cooperate
Last night.
I*m sure there were meteors
everywhere
But here
They were hidden
By clouds.
The barometer shifted
All night.
I woke regularly hoping
For sky and stars,
The streak of meteors.
Instead I got dream after dream
On the hour,
Every hour,
All night.
Instead of the sky
Opening up,
I got dream after dream after dream.
They streaked through my brain.
Different lights
Entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment