Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Palm tree

I missed the coffee hour when people made props for VBS (Vacation Bible School).  The palm trees were a sight to behold, not to mention the brown paper vines which hung on all the curtain rods.  I mentioned wanting a palm tree for the corner of the family room which we cleaned out when we got new carpet.  I thought they*d all been tossed or taken.  But no... I found a palm tree smack dab in the center of my therapy office this morning.  Now we just need to figure out how it fit in the car....

I found a palm tree
In my office this morning.
Now it sits next to my window.
It is left over from
Vacation Bible School last week.
VBS had a tropical theme.
The tree looks almost real:
Crumpled brown paper trunk,
Green felt palm fronds.
Sunday I looked all over
For palm tree remains.
There must have been
Twelve of them.
It was to no avail.
Today I found a palm tree
In my office.
It is six feet tall.
It will go home with me
To live in the family room.
I  do wonder
What the cat will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment