Sunday, November 10, 2013

Something in the air

I am still thrown off by the time change, the light change, the air change.  The only resolution is to wait until things clear.  I used to be able to push through such things.  No longer.  So I sit and get back in touch with the familiar around me.

There must be something
In the water
In the air
In the light
Today.
I am home from church
Under a blanket
In the blue chair.
My beloved is sound asleep
With the cat
On his chest.
The bush does not burn
In front.
I touch the familiar
Around me.
I wait.
There is something
In the water
In the air
In the light
Today.
I sit and wait
For something
To settle:
Sediment in the water;
Dust particles cleared
Out of the air;
The sun to set
More than an hour earlier
Than it did
Last week.
I sit and wait for that something
To clear,
Make way
For something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment