Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Where are you today?

It was snowing Monday.  I arrived to meet with my supervisor/therapist/consultant to find the building surrounded by fire engines and ambulances.  I was early, so I sat in my car, waited for the emergency vehicles to leave.  Halfway through the meeting, one question shut me down.  I hate it when that happens.  It doesn*t happen often, but sometimes there is a perfect storm.  This is not the kind of perfection I prefer. Yesterday was better.  Today is better still.

Where are you today?
She asks.
She knows weather changes
Throw me off kilter.
Where are you today?
Are you feeling more or less
Balanced?

It*s a lot better today
I say
Yesterday was awful.

I*ll bet it was
My trainer says.
Let*s see what we can do
Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment