Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grief


When I opened my email this morning, I found that a neighbor had acknowledged my skill in grief counseling.   While I knew he was grieving, in truth I have not communicated with him since the occasion of the source of his grief.  I was surprised.  When I took out the trash, he was walking by.  So, after the fact, I made good on his recommendation.  It remains surprising to me how God continues to work through so many things.

In my own grief
About oh so many things,
A side friend acknowledges me
On LinkedIn
For my skill
In grief counseling.
He is one I have never counseled
For grief
Or otherwise.
In truth I felt guilty
About not reaching out to him
In his current loss.
As I took out the trash this morning
He walked by.
We engaged
In mutual
Grief counseling.
Usually such opportunities
Do not line up
After the fact.
Usually opportunities
Do not present themselves
Quite so neatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment