Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New rhythm


It never seems to fail.   When I start writing about something new, like life in a new rhythm, for example, it ties into the old.  Of course it does.  There*s always a tie-in.
I am home today.  This week I have no Wednesday clients, so I will be home (such as it is, in its torn-up state).  I will walk and write and assess the backyard.  For whatever reason I woke up with the old-worded Exhortation to Confession in my head: 

Ye who do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and
are in love and charity with your neighbors, and intend to
lead a new life, following the commandments of God, and
walking from henceforth in his holy ways: Draw near with
faith, and make your humble confession to Almighty God,
devoutly kneeling:

Perhaps today has something to do with confession (or exhortation)  as well.  New rhythm with old material.

These days require
New rhythm.
Do I begin now?
Or do I practice
A particularly good
Ending?
New rhythm
With the instruments
On hand:
The sand blocks
The castanets
The singing bowl;
The underlying heart beat;
The breathing in,
The breathing out;
The accompaniment of raucous redwings
As they gather once again to leave
In the neighbor*s tree;
The breathing in,
The breathing out;
New rhythm?
Or oldest rhythm
Ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment