Thursday, October 18, 2012

New glasses


Sometimes a relatively simple change allows other things to change around it.  I tell clients this all the time.  Why should it be so surprising to me?  Now it seems I do not need to spend as much time and effort getting things into focus.  The prisms in my new glasses help me focus more easily. The prisms actually seem to help, not just my vision, but my hearing and apprehension of the world around as well.

Already I notice the difference.
There are no rainbows evident
But the fall colors are clearer.
When I worked out this morning
I could see the trainer
Across the room.
I even saw aspects
Of my lunch partner yesterday
Which took me
By surprise.
I know this has nothing to do
With prisms
Really
But then again
Maybe it does.
Already I notice a difference.
Already I know
It relates to more
Than prisms
Or potential rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment