Friday, November 23, 2012

Competition


I*m nowhere near ready for even the thought of Christmas. Despite the lack of a kitchen for Thanksgiving, we all hung out yesterday together, watched Star Trek: Next Generation reruns, were half an hour late for our dinner reservation at Wildfire.  I called and talked with my brother and sister to catch up, and made an appointment to talk with my son in Minnesota this morning.  Still... my daughter left at 10 PM and was home at 3 AM... and is even now... asleep, Christmas shopping complete.  

I feel that I am ahead
Of the game.
I called every farflung
Family member
For Thanksgiving.
Still
One member of the immediate household
Has me beat.
She has planned Christmas
Already.
Indeed
She did the midnight run.
She is sound asleep
Upstairs.
I believe the packages
Are squirreled away
In her room,
Like nuts,
Buried under the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment