Thursday, November 1, 2012

Speeches


 Sleepless nights.  I have so few, really, that I don*t have a patterned response.  I woke up this morning with some clarity, different from yesterday*s clarity.  Must have been those speeches I made all night.  Or maybe it was the punctuation of breath prayer.  Or maybe both.  I ended up saying what came to mind.  It was probably elegant as a Mack Truck.  Certainly not Minnesota.

I rehearsed speeches all night,
Interspersed with
Breath prayer.
Lord Jesus, heal me/
Make me whole.
Sleep hung out
Around the edges.
This morning I understood
Some certainty
But remembered
None of the speeches.
This morning the neighbor*s tree
Glowed yellow.
The color called me
To look up,
Notice the clouds,
Speak whatever came to mind.
So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment