Wednesday, August 14, 2013

If I never clean up

Just what I need... an excuse for not cleaning up.  Still... watching the squirrels and chipmunks, the robins finding shelter as I drink my morning coffee... I find joy in that tangled mass of grape vine. I even wonder what it would look like covered in snow this winter.

Last weekend I began the task
Of removing the grape vine
From the crab apple.
Now mounds of grape vine
Provide gymnastic equipment
For the squirrels and chipmunks,
Offer a hiding place for robins,
Safe from scanning hawks.
More grape vine remains
Wound into
The top of the tree.
I tell myself I will clean up
When I have finished the job.
Still
The squirrels and chipmunks,
The robins
So enjoy that mass of vine.
If I never finish
Or maybe
If I never clean up
They will continue
To offer their
Their endless joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment